My Skincare Routine- Robin Lee
Jun 27, 2020
I thought this was a great opportunity, especially after I started a review account on Instagram but couldn’t keep up with it (if you’re interested, my old posts are under the name: @mulanesquereviews).
With that, I’m excited to share my current skincare routine! Disclaimer – I’m experimenting with different products to tackle some skin concerns I have, and as I completely empty out products, I’m picking out others to try. My skin is drier than normal this summer, and so I adjusted my routine to better fit my needs.
C L E A N S E R
I’m not in the habit of double cleansing lately, and my excuse is that I don’t wear a full face of makeup to justify it. I know, I know, the initial cleanse is still good to help remove any sweat and sunscreen that build up throughout the day, but double cleansing just seems excessive when I’m not going out much.
I am switching between:
- The Ordinary Squalene Cleanser: Squalene is a hydrating agent that locks moisture into the skin. When warmed between your hands, the cleanser dissolves into this oil that’s good for taking off the minimal makeup I wear nowadays. It really makes me feel like I can cheat and not double cleanse but doesn’t dry out my skin either.
Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam: Foam cleansers in general are known for dehydrating the skin, so I was hesitant to use this fan fave. However, the particles in the cleanser does a good job of physically exfoliating that top layer of skin.
- I use a facial cleansing brush 1-2 times a week on days I use this cleanser. While it’s not a necessity, I definitely feel like the two together really get the job done!
T O N E R
I just started a new product, also a cult favorite, so I still don’t have much of an opinion on it yet.
- Dear Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner: The bottle reads multiple benefits – deep moisturizing, balances pH levels, cleanses & soothes. Most toners my skin just eats up, but this one takes a decent amount of patting/massaging for my skin to soak in.
M O I S T U R I Z E R
For both day and night, I use my serum after toning.
- Innisfree Intensive Hydrating Serum with Green Tea Seed: After starting with the entire Green Seed line, somehow this serum is the last product I have left. I use 1-2 pumps daily, depending on how I feel (though 1 is usually not enough). It does the job, but I’m not attached to this product and will definitely be looking into other serums!
In the day, I use either of these separately or layer them together depending on how dry I feel.
- Etude House Soon Jung 10-Free Moist Emulsion: This emulsion is sooo light! I think if my skin wasn’t so dry, this would be a refreshing product to just use by itself.
- Etude House Soon Jung 2x Barrier Intensive Cream: The consistency isn’t quite as thick as the thick night creams, but is a nice lotion that needs a good pat to absorb into the skin. I’ve heard other people get a little oily from this, so I avoid the product on my T-zone.
Lastly, as I’m so accustomed to using thick creams at night all year round, I’m finishing this tub out:
- Etude House Moistfull Collagen Deep Cream: I have mixed feelings about this product. I loved it at first, but as I continued to use it, it really just felt like it was sitting on top of my skin and leaving it tacky feeling. I’m going to continue trying different things before I repurchase or find something better.
O T H E R
Just a few other notes and products I’m using:
- Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb: I use this both day and night after the serum. I have had it FOREVER, and while I don’t necessarily feel like it’s doing much for my under eyes, I do think a little goes a long way.
- Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish: This is my go-to sun screen for the summer! Since I need to hydrate my skin so much, my skin often has this dewy look that I don’t love in the summer – I worry that I look ridiculously oily or sweaty. But trends change, and so does my hate for dewy skin. Still, it’s a really good base for under makeup! Always wear sunscreen, ya’ll!
- The Ordinary chemical exfoliants: As I’ve mentioned, I am trying to tackle several skin concerns that I have. I’ll share more on this soon!
Once again, I am super excited about this opportunity! I hope everyone stays safe, and have wonderful skin!
Share this post: